About Online Coding Course for Beginners (Self Learning)
In the 21st century, coding has become a mainstream skill that opens up a lot of doors for people working towards a better future for themselves. Hence, we're offering a unique opportunity for children to learn to code through an online course designed by expert trainers hailing from Virginia Tech, BITS Pilani & Microsoft.
This 8 module course designed for children, introduces the basics of coding through fun projects using the GUI-based coding software Avishkaar Maker Studio with an in-built simulator.
Learn at your own paceOnce you enroll for this course, you will get access to the complete course material.
As part of this course, the first and the last session will be live sessions with instructors. The rest of the sessions will be completed through online course modules.
|Introductory Live Session||16th March, 2020|
|Modules 2 to 7||To be completed online by the child themselves by 29th March, 2020|
|Final Live Session||30th March, 2020|
Details of the session:
- There will be eight modules in all of which the first and the last session will be conducted live on Google Hangouts.
- The live sessions will be of 1 hour each. The participants can choose between the time slots - 10 am to 11 am, 3 pm to 4 pm & 5 pm to 6 pm.
- The remaining modules will be completed by the child themselves through an online link which will be provided separately.
- If the child has any doubts, they can simply email their query to firstname.lastname@example.org and their query will be answered within 24 hours.
- Seats are limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis only.
- The cost of the eight-session course is Rs.1499/- (inclusive of taxes).
Training Concluded on 04th Apr 2020!
Basics of Coding
What does it actually mean to code? What are the uses of coding and programming?
Intro to Algorithms and Flowcharts
Learn how to design the flow of the program
Variables and Datatypes
Learn about variables and different types of datatypes that you can use while coding
Finite and Infinite Loops
Concept of finite/infinite loops and counters.
This module will cover mathematical and conditional operators and the concept of conditional statements
Patterns and Sprites
A sprite is a a two-dimensional bitmap that is the building block of game design
See your code actually work in the online simulator
At the end of this course, you will be able to code and design your own games.
Training Cost is Rs 1499/-
*Terms & Conditions Apply
What will you code in this course?
An Avishkaar account (create one on www.avishkaar.cc/register)
Laptop with webcam and a Google account to attend the live sessions