Theme for May 2021
Beat The Heat: This summer let us beat boredom, lethargy, hot weather and all the other problems that we are facing with some interesting innovation!
Maybe a Popsicle making bot, or perhaps a fan that works on your gestures, or maybe a water dispenser for birds to quench their thirst – the possibilities are limitless and it’s time to explore
- Children from age 5 – 16 years can submit the entries.
- What can be used to make the projects for submission?
- Any of the Avishkaar kits – Tweak, MakerBoard, IoT Starter Kit, E-Series / ER-Series robotics kits
- Any open-source platforms (code.org, MIT App Inventor, etc.)
- DIY craft and innovation material
- Note – proprietary kits and material from other brands like lego, etc. are not allowed
- Children are allowed to submit more than one entry.
- Repeat entries from previous contests (Avishkaar League, IOTM) will be disqualified
Video Submission Guidelines. If your video does not meet these, then it will be disqualified.
- The video should be between 2-10 minutes in length.
- The video should be in English or contain English subtitles (if in any other language)
- The video should be made and shot in landscape mode and should be in HD resolution
How to Submit Your Entry
- Post video on your social media publicly
- Share video link
- Join Let’s Avishkaar – https://www.facebook.com/groups/letsavishkaar
- Subscribe to our youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/user/avishkaarbox
- Share the name of the trainer (if applicable)
- Fill this form to submit your project – https://forms.gle/xLgnVK8HS7YVQqv86
The submission will be judged based on
- Your understanding of the theme/problem, and the creativity and originality of the solution/idea – 10 points
- The innovator’s technical knowledge of their skill, be it robotics, coding, electronics, IoT, app dev, or even DIY craft – 10 points
- The innovator’s ability to be persistent and creative in making the prototyping – 10 points
- The presentation and communication skills of the innovator while demonstrating the final project in the submission video – 10 points
- Your video must include the following things :
- You must introduce yourself – your age, school, why do you like to innovate?
- Talk about the problem you are trying to solve or your idea – why it is important to you? what inspired you towards it?
- Show the working of your project – make sure you show your full face in the video
- Show the mechanism of the project – how it works, what were the challenges you faced while making it, etc.
- Bonus Points for :
- Giving a good finish and look to your project
- Making additional customisation and collaborating multiple kits – robotics + electronics, or robotics + DIY craft, etc.
- One Grand Winner – 2-month Coding Course worth Rs. 6000, Avishkaar Scholarship worth Rs. 1000, Amazon Voucher worth Rs. 500 and a special gift worth Rs. 2500
- Five Special Mentions – Avishkaar Scholarship worth Rs. 500 each
Last date of submission – 21st June 2021
Winners will be announced on – 30th June 2021
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries