Avishkaar Makeathon – The Biggest STEAM Competition of India is back! For all those of you who’ve been counting the days eagerly waiting for this year’s Makeathon, rejoice! Your wait has come to an end.
This year’s Makeathon is going to be a bigger spectacle with six brand new themes for you to make a difference in. The themes are as follows:
- Water Crisis
- Space Colonization
- Interactive Art for Learning Tools
- Personal Safety
- Agriculture for Zero Hunger
- E-Waste Management
Stages of Avishkaar Makeathon
Avishkaar Makeathon comprises of three stages. In the first stage, Ideate, you have to select the theme you’ll participate in and submit the necessary documents. The Ideate stage is LIVE as we speak and will run till 14th September 2019.
In the second stage, Prototype, you have to submit a video of your working prototype. The Prototype stage will run from 21st Sep to 2nd Nov 2019.
Lastly, in the third stage, Showcase, you get an opportunity to exhibit your prototype at Delhi in a grand event.
Makeathon in a Nutshell
Just to reiterate, Avishkaar Makeathon is a challenge initiated by Avishkaar. It is a one-of-its-kind competition which aims to promote MAKING in our country at an early age. It is a celebration of science, technology, and art where ambitious students can explore their passions and showcase their dream ideas to the world.
You can participate in Avishkaar Makeathon based on your age. You cannot participate in a lower age group, however, you can always participate in the higher age group. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Junior Level: up to age 12
- Middle Level: up to age 15
- Senior Level: up to age 18
And how can we forget the prizes? The overall winners of Avishkaar Makeathon will receive a *Sponsored International Educational Trip. That’s not all. The top 3 teams in each category will receive support in getting their ideas patented (provided its an original idea). Last but not least, the top 100 innovators will receive merit certificates.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The number of team members in a particular team are minimum: one & maximum: four.
- You cannot participate in more than one team in a year, whereas you can change the team every year.
- There is no fee to participate in the 1st and the 2nd stage of the Avishkaar Makeathon. However, if you get selected for the 3rd stage, then you have to pay a fee to participate in the finale Showcase.