What is an Atal Tinkering Lab?
ATL or “Atal Tinkering Labs” is an initiative by the Niti Aayog to give a boost to the innovation ecosystem in the country. Our offering for a Tinkering Lab focuses on creating an environment that promotes the participants to dream, the equipment which allows them to tinker, the curriculum that enables them to structure their thinking and a challenging environment that enables young innovators to test themselves.
Avishkaar also organizes an international level competition, Avishkaar Makeathon where students of our ATL labs get an opportunity to participate. We offer our own equipment and solutions to set up the Atal Tinkering Labs as envisioned by NITI Aayog.
Monthly Engagement Activities
Online activities are sent to trainers/coordinators for keeping them engaged on a regular basis and to provide them the opportunity to tinker as much as they can.
Manuals (6 Subjects)
Basic manuals on different topics (3D printer, Arduino, Raspberry Pi etc.) are provided an as hard copy.
Once the lab setup is done, four days of in-house training (in school) is provided to initiate tinkering in your labs.
Events & Competitions (ART and IRC)
Support to participate in various events like IRC, Avishkaar Makeathon etc.
All Material with a storage solution
Various storage solutions for tools and kits are provided for a lab setup.
ATL Material Packages
ATL schools are required to purchase equipment as per the “ATL equipment list” suggested by NITI Aayog. All the equipment supplied to the ATL labs are classified under the below mentioned four packages:
Package 1: Electronic Development, Robotics, Internet of Things and Sensors
Package 2:Rapid Prototyping Tools
Package 3: Mechanical, Electrical and Measurement tools
Package 4: Power Supply & Accessories and Safety Equipment
Avishkaar has set up more ATLs than any other organisation in India
Community Engagement and Training
4-days in-house training
Avishkaar Residential Training (ART)
Tech It Up - Monthly Engagement Activity
IRC (International Robotics Competition)
What Clients Say?
The ATL Gallery
Projects by Avishkaar Makers
Avishkaar's ATLs in the news
Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 years of experience in meting out Experiential learning
- Vibrant ecosystem for STEAM learning
- Made in India DIY programmable robotics kits
- Yearly 5-days Residential Training to all the clients
- Opportunity to participate in International level competitions like IRC League and Avishkaar Makeathon
- Experience in running robotics clubs, robotics labs, tinkering labs & MakerSpaces across schools in India
- All material packages (P1, P2, P3, P4)
- On-site and offsite training
- Support to participate in National and International robotics & tinkering challenges